Sunday 23 September 2012

New Media


Working with children I regularly find myself encouraging them to be creative and try something new. As an adult I, like many others, stick to what is safe and comfortable. Having worked in watercolours for many years I am taking my first tentative steps into the bold world of acrylics.
 
 
Colours are bold and opaque.
 
 
 
 
 Canvas is coarse and very resilient.
 
 
 Brush work is swift and strong.
 
 
This feels like an exciting new relationship. One which could develop well over time.
 

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is looking lovely. I am enjoying your new adventure. You seem to be having fun with the energy of acrylics. I agree that we can get too comfortable in our comfort zone which blunts our creativity. Maybe that's why my new novel is about a British woman in 280 AD. It is taking some imagination but it's very stimulating! Wx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive